COSMETIC TATTOO CARE
(What should I before my appointment?)
If you normally get your eyebrows waxed or threaded to maintain the shape, you may get them shaped 3 days prior to your appointment.
- If you would like a fuller brow, let your eyebrows grow until your appointment. I will pluck any stray hairs that you wish to remove after the mapping of your new eyebrows.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for at least 24 hours before your procedure to minimize any oozing, bleeding, or swelling.
- Do not take aspirin, ibuprofen, niacin, vitamin E, and/or fish oil for 3 days prior to procedure unless medically necessary.
- Retinol/Retin-A must be discontinued 2 weeks prior to your procedure. (It will cause the skin to bleed).
- Chemical peels and laser treatments should be avoided 4 weeks before and after your procedure.
- Injections: Botox, Radiesse, JuvaDerm, Volume, etc. should be avoided 4 weeks before and after your procedure.
- Avoid tanning for 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not come to your appointment with a sunburn on your forehead or flaking skin around your eyebrows. Please contact me at least 48 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule.
- Restrict your sun exposure for at least 5 days after your procedure.
- Do not schedule this procedure within a week before a vacation or a special event.
- Stay out of steam rooms, saunas, hot yoga, swimming pools, etc. for 1 week following your procedure.
- Starting one hour after your appointment, carefully dab your tattooed every hour until bed time with lightly dampened gauze. You can use distilled water or sterile water (boiled and cooled water).
- Right before bed, use lukewarm water to gently wash your brows with a small amount of baby wash or dial antibacterial soap onto your fingertips to make bubbles. Gently pat the bubbles on your brows for about 10 seconds. Splash rinse and pat dry with clean gauze or tissue.
- Wait 10 minutes and apply a small amount of aftercare by tapping it on the brows. If they look too saturated, use a tissue to carefully blot the excess.
Day 2 to 14
- Continue with washing both day and night until healed. If you have oily skin, use aftercare only after washing. If you have normal to dry skin apply aftercare throughout the day as needed, when brows feel dry. Do not over use aftercare.
- DO NOT get brows wet other than washing. Be careful when showering.
- DO NOT take steamy showers.
- DO NOT go swimming.
- DO NOT expose your brows to the sun. Wear a hat if you will be outside for a prolonged amount of time.
- DO NOT sweat for 10 days. This means no working out.
- DO NOT apply make up to the brow area. Other make up is fine, but avoid touching the brows with anything but aftercare.
- DO NOT apply anything but the aftercare product provided to your brows.
- DO NOT get facials and/or peels for 4 to 6 weeks
- DO NOT get BOTOX for 2 weeks.
- DO NOT pick the flaking color, this can remove it completely, let it release on it’s own.
- Brows are fully healed at 4 to 6 weeks. During this time, you may notice changes in your brows that can be alarming. They will get darker, shed lightly and then seem very light. The color is hiding underneath a layer of opaque, healing skin. This will go away within two weeks. You may feel they appear uneven at times due to this.
- At 4 weeks, if you feel they need it, you can schedule a touch up for $100. The touch up can be performed at 6 weeks and up to 12 weeks.
- Text 818-823-5616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.